The Co-Manager(CM) provides leadership and direction to the entire store team. The CM oversees all aspects of store performance through sales management, operational and personnel functions, as well as store visual aesthetics and environment. Through creating long-term strategies and leading company initiatives, the CM ensures maximum productivity, profitability, operational excellence and compliance with company procedures. The CM must exude the excitement, professional presence and confidence needed to protect and drive brand integrity.
- Uses strong decision quality and discretion in establishing business objectives and strategies.
- Creates and fosters a culture that ensures the customer is the focus of all activities.
- Maximizes store volume and profits in accordance with store/company goals through excellent staffing, superb customer service and attention to detail in a fast paced environment.
- Ensures service, merchandising, and operational standards are met through company-defined practices and processes.
- Manages and measures progress and results against key targets.
- Drives results through creating short-term plans and long-term strategies, processes, and events that ensure a positive in-store experience for both our store team and our customers.
- Lead talent selection, training, coaching, engagement, retention, and recognition initiatives for all store employees.
- Addresses poor performance; initiates, administers, and follows up on corrective action for all store employees. Writes and delivers annual performance reviews for team.
- Champions personal leadership development using company tools and programs. Actively seeks feedback from the team, peers and leaders.
- Spends at least 60% of the shift performing Manager on Duty tasks.
- Plans and promotes the daily schedule of employees and the business; interviews, hires, schedules, and disciplines employees.
Knowledge, Skills, and Qualifications:
- Must have at least 3 to 5 years of retail management experience.
- College degree or relevant technical or vocational training preferred.
- Must be skilled in leadership, coaching, and training, sales generation, strategic planning, authentic customer service, communication, conflict resolution, business acumen, time management, and POS and other retail software proficiency.
- Must be able to provide feedback, develop others, embrace and lead change, and make clear and defined decisions.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and be able to act with integrity and professionalism to ensure that all business is conducted without bias or prejudice.
- Must be able to maneuver around sales floor and stock rooms, work with cleaning chemicals, and lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Must be available to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business, including 2 closing shifts per week and 2 full weekends per month.