Assistant Store Manager
Love your job!
Are you a passionate and inspiring Sales Associate who is looking for career growth?
DAVIDsTEA is a proudly Canadian company founded in 2008. We're best known for our super-friendly staff, above-and-beyond customer service, modern design, and of course our huge collection of world-class, exclusive teas and related products.
Why do people love working for us? Because we have the most enthusiastic, dedicated staff around. Our customers are always smiling; you're teaching them all sorts of cool tea facts and helping them pick their favourite blend, making jokes and having fun. And you'll fall deeply, madly, eternally in love with tea. Is this not the best job ever? Don't say we didn't warn you!
We are looking for a passionate and innovative Assistant Store Manager for our store!
As an Assistant Store Manager, you'll be responsible for helping to smoothly run your store, the development of your team, delivering the highest standard of customer service, introducing hundreds of new customers to the wonderful world of loose leaf tea and ensuring every customer leaves with a smile.
Your responsibilities will include, not be limited to:
· Ensure that your team delivers the outstanding DAVIDsTEA Experience, while providing the highest level of customer service
· Lead by example through educating customers about the world of tea, DAVIDsTEA blends, products and accessories
· Deliver feedback and coaching on a regular basis to team members and promote a positive and fun team atmosphere
· Meet sales targets and achieve profitability by controlling costs (labour, supplies, inventory etc.)
· Oversee day-to-day operations, and delegate effectively to meet daily/weekly deadlines
· Adhere to the Food Safe principles and internal guidelines of beverage preparation and workplace safety guidelines
· Closely collaborate with the Store Manager to develop store specific strategies and to implement them
· Establish DAVIDsTEA as a community contributor: create relationships with local businesses and participate in local events
Some ideal qualities you possess:
· 2-3 years experience in a team lead role in retail/sales or customer service
· A friendly and upbeat personality
· Hands-on with a track record of consistently improving sales performance and team development
· Proficiency with computers and Microsoft Office
· Ability to work and adapt in a fast-paced environment
· Proactivity and ease in coaching and teaching others
· A self-starter with excellent communication skills
· Desire to grow with the company and tackle new challenges
· Capability to be flexible and adaptable in a changing and fast-paced work environment
· Interest in tea and/or willingness to learn and become a tea expert
· Flexibility to move to a different store or province on short notice for career advancement
Sound good? Then join us in achieving our purpose of infusing people's lives with joyone cup at a time.
- Saturday 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Sunday 10:00am - 5:00pm
- Monday 10:00am - 7:00pm
- Tuesday 10:00am - 7:00pm
- Wednesday 10:00am - 7:00pm
- Thursday 10:00am - 9:00pm
- Friday 10:00am - 9:00pm
- Christmas Eve - Dec. 24, 2021 10:00am - 5:00pm
- Christmas - Dec. 25, 2021 Closed
- New Years Eve - Dec. 31, 2021 10:00am - 5:00pm
- Jour de l'an - Jan. 1, 2022 Closed